Special Education Program Review
PHASE I: PROGRAM ASSESSMENT AND REVIEW
Our team of consultants experienced in all aspects of special education administration and programming will conduct a thorough review of district practices including but not limited to:
Organization of central office special education and related services staff including:
• Roles and responsibilities
• Inter-district communication practices
• Collaboration between special and regular education personnel
• Engagement of local, regional and/or national stakeholders to contribute to policies and political support for excellence and equity in education.
Procedures and protocols for delivery of special education services including:
• Child-find procedures
• Generation and Maintenance of Records
• Development of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
• Programs, services and delivery models
• Criteria for exiting students from special education
• Dispute resolution process
Financial needs necessary to administer special education services:
• Budget development and availability of current resources
• Capacity to project future special education expenditures
• Utilization of state and federal funds for special education
• Purchasing process for material goods and services necessary for delivering special education services
• Staff assignments and utilization
• Professional development
• Parent and/or agency involvement in the educational program
PHASE II: REPORT OF FINDINGS
Upon completion of the review, the team will meet with district leadership to discuss the initial findings and will assist in establishing district goals. A final written report with recommendations will be presented to the Board of Education.
PHASE III: IMPLEMENTATION OF FOLLOW-UP
Our consultants are available to assess district progress toward meeting established goals at 90 days, six months and/or one-year post-implementation of findings.
Let's Work Together
This is a Paragraph. Click on "Edit Text" or double click on the text box to start editing the content.